Mazel tov! You have reached the age of Jewish adulthood, having become a Bar or Bat Mitzvah, and are now considered ready to assume Jewish responsibilities. Family and friends will celebrate this milestone with you and the occasion will be marked with festivities, as it should be, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Each year at the Children's Home 10-15 boys and girls also celebrate their Bar/Bat Mitzvah and are provided by the Home with every facet of this important day. These boys and girls wait in great anticipation for this joyous occasion.
You can choose to share this occasion with one of our Bar/Bat Mitzvah children by sponsoring them in one or more of the following activities that happen surrounding the Bar/Bat Mitzvah:
1. Training for reading the Torah portion and being called up to the Torah at the synagogue
2. Creating a personal project and presentation
3. Buying clothes for the party
4. A festive dinner for family and guests, together with the children and staff.
5. Full-day's field trip and outing with all the children and staff in the unit
6. A personal gift for each child that is presented to the child by the home.
If you choose to sponsor a Bar/Bat Mitzvah child, you can also receive updates, photos and accounts of all the Bar Mitzvah activities of the sponsored child throughout this important year.
Are you interested in joinging our Bar/Bat Mitzvah project? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org